We are proud to offer a personal, proactive IP lawyer experience with fixed fee and flexible pricing options to suit your requirements.
We have experience acting for a broad range of clients, including fashion labels, manufacturing industries, educational and consulting institutions, software developers and e-commerce businesses. Each industry presents its own unique challenges and priorities which we are equipped to tackle with confidence.
We can assist you at every step from obtaining IP protection all the way to litigation to assert or defend your rights if needed. We will map the way for you at the beginning of every stage with set project fees so that your decision to engage us is fully informed and in line with your expectations.
Y Intellectual Property specialises in the following IP lawyer services:
- Providing summary or in depth advice regarding intellectual property rights, depending on your requirements
- Auditing of intellectual property to determine what assets could be and are worth protecting or fortifying
- Trade mark applications, responses to examiner’s reports and representation in opposition proceedings before IP Australia
- International protection and prosecution of trade marks in overseas markets
- Advising on registered design and copyright issues
- Advising on Australia Consumer Law and passing off issues
- Drafting and review of commercial IP agreements, including licensing agreements, assignments, sale of IP assets, trading terms, and graphic designer and website developer agreements
- IP dispute resolution & litigation in Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court
- Advice for protection of confidential information and drafting appropriate agreements to protect that information
- Domain name disputes (uDRP and auDRP)
- Review of marketing or product packaging to ensure compliance with Australian Consumer Law and industry standards.
Why Choose Y? Y is a succinct and bold statement which summarises what we are about as a modern and dynamic boutique legal practice and the level of service you should expect from an experienced IP lawyer.
- Direct and to the point: We provide you with advice which is upfront and quickly gets to the heart of your matter. Because we operate in a highly specialised field, we are not interested in unnecessarily floundering through your matter and charging you for the privilege. We would prefer to provide you with a clear sense of direction at the outset so you can determine the value of engaging us and work with us with confidence. Since we don’t operate on billable hours, our focus is on delivering real tangible outcomes rather than watching the clock and padding our time sheet.
- Two paths converging into one: We are about building lasting working relationships and making sure you are engaged with us so we are always on the same path. We draw from your industry knowledge and expertise and combine it with ours so that together we can reach a unified goal. We’d like to be part of your team rather than just your intellectual property lawyer.
- “Why” is the fundamental question: There is no point doing something without knowing why you are doing it. We want to help you discover that purpose so we can achieve tangible outcomes for you which you can measure. Many firms are happy to follow instructions without questioning why and to deal with the fallout later. We believe in a more front ended approach which saves you time, money, disappointment and frustration later on.